Gayatri mantra | Gayatri mantra Lyrics in english
ॐ भूर् भुवः स्वः
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात्
Om bhūr bhuvaḥ suvaḥ
dhiyo yo naḥ prachodayāt
Gayatri Mantra English Translation
We meditate on the glory of the Creator
Who has created the Universe
Who is worthy of Worship
Who is the embodiment of Knowledge and Light
Who is the remover of all Sin and Ignorance
May He enlighten our Intellect.
Gayatri Mantra meaning
O, Divine mother, our hearts are loaded up with darkness.
Kindly make this darkness distant from us and advance brightening inside us.
Benefits of chanting the Gayatri Mantra
1. Regular chanting of Gayatri Mantra improves concentration and learning
2. Gayatri Mantra known for removing toxins from the body
3. Gayatri Mantra improves breathing and functioning of the nervous system
4. Gayatri Mantra keeps your heart healthy and removes the negativity
5. Chanting of Gayatri Mantra calms the mind
6. Gayatri Mantra reduces stress and anxiety
Best time to chant Gayatri Mantra
According to Vedas, time has three qualities: satva, rajas, and tamas. (Purity, passion and inaction)
4 am to 8 am & 4 pm to 8 pm have the satvic quality
8 am to 4 pm are rajasic.
8 pm and 4 am are tamasicSatva is the best time to chant the Gayatri Mantra. Hence, the Gayatri Mantra should be recited between 4 am and 8 am and 4 pm and 8 am.